-

-

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Smoke House, Done



I burned the midnight oil finishing the Smoke House this summer. It's not like I had a lot of spare time around here, but it was something I wanted to do and I had some real fun doing it.

 I mounted some old rusty Buck Saws that I'm sure were my great grandpas on the outside.
  The Smoke House is electricity free, so candles and solar lights are a necessity. June found this super cute lantern.

You can see there is plenty of daylight peeking between the boards, but this little space is just meant to be a dry place to camp in the summer.

 On one window hole I added a sheet of wavy glass that was laying in the barn, and a few bottles (also laying around).
 On the other two holes I just put in those adjustable window screens.
I have several old paintings from generations of artistic relatives floating around. This was painted by my grandmother.




Outside I added some solar lights to guide the way and transplanted a few native ferns here and there and some chain from the hardware store as a rain chain to reduce erosion.



And as an homage to one of the many incarnations of the Smoke House, I got out my paints and added a few friends to peek out at guests.

  



1 comment:

  1. So cute! Taking reservations for next summer? though mosquitoes might enter through the cracks...and they love munching on me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, we love hearing from you! If you have trouble leaving a comment please check if your computer is set to reject pop-up windows or third party cookies. For some reason these will keep you from being able to post.